Natural Habitat Inc "Distinctive Sonoran Landscapes"
Natural Habitat, Inc. is a licensed, insured, residential and commercial landscape & irrigation company founded in 2002, located in Cave Creek, Arizona serving the Desert Foothills and North Scottsdale.
We specialize in all phases of environmentally sensitive landscape design, installation, and native plant salvage and desert restoration. We have worked extensively with clients, general contractors, architects, and developers in many exclusive North Valley communities.
- Owner/President of Natural Habitat, Inc. - 12 years - Desert Mountain's preferred landscape contractor. Numerous completed landscape projects include the "The Haciendas" and the "Chiricahua Club Villas" at Desert Mountain. Other developments include Gold Mountain Preserve, and Continental Mountain Estates.
- Environmental Management Department Head at Desert Mountain Properties - 12 years - Responsible for designing and installing the landscaping for over 350 luxury homes, The Renegade, Apache, and Chiricahua Clubhouses, the Apache, and Chiricahua Golf Courses, the Sales Center, Corporate Office, along with the Village Entries and roadways. These completed projects received numerous Arizona Landscape Contractors Association awards included the prestigious "XeriScape Award".
- Landscape Superintendent at Desert Highlands Golf Club - 6 years - Responsible for installation and maintenance of the clubhouse grounds, the grass, clay, and hard court tennis facilities, the putting course, the garden amenity, along with roadway and golf course desert restoration.
- Commissioner -Town of Cave Creek, Az. - Worked closely with fellow PARCS Commissioners to develop Cave Creek Native Plant Ordinance and Landscaping Guidelines in an effort to preserve native plants and natural desert areas.
- Credited with discovering a previously unknown native cholla cactus Opuntia x campi, known as the 'Red Cholla" in the Pinnacle Peak area of North Scottsdale. The cholla was named in his honor.
- Guest Speaker at numerous Landscape and Horticultural Conferences, including: The Desert Botanical Gardens, The Arizona Native Plant Society, The Phoenix Civic Plaza, and Pima Community College.
Walter Camp, President, has been a resident of the Cave Creek, Carefree area for over 30 years since moving to the north valley from Minneapolis, Minnesota.
His entire carrier has been in the local green industry in management positions. He previously worked at several of the most exclusive golf clubs and residential communities in the North Valley.
Committed to Excellence...
Helping our clients realize their dreams...
P.O. Box 4045
Cave Creek, Az. 85327
C-21 ROC #164630
Opuntia x campii
The "Red Cholla"